Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Triplet

Workout:
6 Rounds for Time:
10 GHD Situps
15 Back Extensions
~300m gym loop

After classes, I spent the early afternoon in the gym. I first did about 40 minutes of physical therapy exercises for my shoulder. And then decided on what events to do for my metcon workout. It has been a while since I was inside, and the GHD is a good lower body exercise. I paired it with a run that first goes up two floors, goes the length of a hallway, down to floors and then another hallway. This adds up to be about 300m by my best estimate.

The gym was crowded because of a PE class going on at the time, so I was a little weary about losing posession of the GHD while I was running the gym loops, but luckily I had no problems. Physically however, I have a type of bruise on the bottom of my foot from when I stepped on a sharp rock during the run yesterday. It was pretty painfull walking around on it all day, but as the workout started, my adrenaline kind of cancelled out the pain. It took me 17:25 to complete the workout. I felt stronger than usual on the stair climbs for this workout, and by the end I was pretty gassed endurance-wise. However, I really miss the ability to lift some heavier weights. Lifting heaving during a metabolic conditioning workout really adds another factor of fatigue, and I feel like I need it to get past mental barriers in a workout. It will just take patience I guess.

Hopefully I can get in a workout outside, maybe some video too.

No comments:

Post a Comment