
Today I got up a little early to take advantage of the nice weather and the lack of people. My goal was to get a short, but intense workout in, and I think i acheived just that. I did 3 sprints up a cliff ramp for time with a one minute rest in between. The ramp has sections of stairs and fairly steep ramps. The ramp doubles back on itself as it covers about 100 vertical feet. It is a quick ascent up a vertical cliff from river level up to the campus area.
I approached the workout knowing it would be short and intense, so I allowed myself one minute to get back down from the top of the ramp, and then rest at the bottom for the rest of the 1 minute period. During the sprints, I was really feeling the lunges that I did two days ago. My hamstrings and glutes are the worst of it. They were screaming during the three sprints. My times were 0:50 0:50 0:53. I am happy that I was able to keep the intensity for each of the three sprints. It was a severe mental battle to keep running half way up the ramp when I had just finished the second set of stairs. At the end of the third sprint my left hamstring felt like it was on the verge of being pulled, so I am glad I did not do 5 rounds like I was originally thinking.
I will probably be taking a rest day tomorrow, I will be in NYC for the day walking around, allowing for some active rest, my legs could use it.
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Is Unbelivable!!!!!!
ReplyDeletei can't run a mile without walking just a little bit! don't you EVER get REALLY painful cramps? i do!!!! mom and i loved it!!!!
what kind of profile do we pick?