Workout:
Run for 30 minutes
Today I wanted to do a longer distance workout in order to keep things varied, my goal was to go longer than 20 minutes. I have been dreading doing long runs with hills because I remember how much I hated doing them before my surgery, especially the hills around here. While it may not have been fun, it definately pays off.
After my daily ritual of shoulder therapy, I headed straight from campus up to the top of the local ski slope, which is an elevation change of about 700 feet and a distance of about 3.8 miles for the route I took. It is a combination of trail running and road running. I did this without any companions on the way up, presenting quite the mental battle. At certain points I succombed to the fatigue in my thighs, stopping to walk for certain parts. It takes quite an elite runner to make this elevation change without stopping, but it is something to strive for. On the way down I ran into a friend who joined me for the second half, making my cramps and leg fatigue seem less important.
My total run time was 30 minutes, so I met my goal and got some great intensity as well. It will probably be at least four or five days before I do any hills or stairs, I have had my fill for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment