Workout:
5 Rounds for time:
25 jump lunges
20 situps with bag of rocks
200m run with bag of rocks
10 minute rest, then
6 300m sprints, with one minute for each sprint, including rest time.
I was thinking about resting today, but I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather. I headed down to the river courts and on the way I found a bag filled with small rocks that weighed about 25-30 lbs and figured it would make for an interesting workout. I didnt want to go too hard today because my legs are still recovering from the long run yesterday, my knees arent used to the pounding of a long run and I could feel the tendons in my knee acting a little inflamed.
I decided to wear my vibram 5-fingers for this workout to continue to build up to longer runs while wearing them, plus it was low impact on the feet and knees seeing as it was on the grass. After a short warmup I got into it. The first round felt good, and I was thinking maybe I should have included more reps, but I quickly dismissed that after the second round. It wasnt an extremely intense workout, but the extra weight added a stimulus that I havnt felt in a while. Most of my workouts after surgery have been just bodyweight, so the extra 25 pounds was a shock to my system.
I finished the workout in 12:12. After a 10-minute rest, I was feeling strong, so I did a few sprints on the road in my Vibrams. It felt amazing running in them, I feel like I have more control in each step and I feel like I am getting more power output as I am forced to land more so on the balls of my feet with each step. Each 300m sprint ended up being under 30 seconds each, allowing me 30 seconds to rest in between each of the 6. I am glad I was able to keep consistent while maintaining the intensity.
video Quality still isnt the best, bear with me
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment