
I feel like I am finally getting back into some sort of groove for fitness. It has been about 12 weeks since my shoulder surgery. My shoulder is healing at a steady rate, allowing me to become more and more active. I am still only doing lower body exercises, from the abs down. I am taking it very slow in doing anything associated with my shoulders other than some 1-arm squat cleans or kettlebell swings. But my patience is slowly paying off.
Yesterday I did a 2nd version of a tire-dragging workout since I discovered a tire with a rope and a harness attached to it. It is an average-sized car tire that does well in resistance running. The workout yesterday was as follows:
5 Rounds for time:
50m tire drag - forward
50m tire drag - backward
50m lunges
50m run
The distances are estimated, but a challenging workout none-the less. It took me 21 and change minutes to complete this. The most trouble I had on this one was in the reverse tire drags, my quads and calfs often caused me to stop whilst running backwards. It is something I need to work on. I really like the tire drags, they are a whole new stimulus, and from what I have recently read about the advantages of resistance running, I will keep this one in the toolbox.
Today, I decided to go on a 3 mile run in order to keep my legs from seizing up after the lunges yesterday. Lunges always cripple me for at least 3 days, which tells me I should do them a little more than I have been. The run was about 20 minutes, I kept up a good pace, but wasnt trying to beat any records. I finished it on the top of a decent hill that spiked my heartrate, it left me feeling dead but happy with the "recovery" run.
Later in the day I played some pick-up soccer with the kids in my company. We played for about an hour. Eager to find uses for my new Vibrams, I played in them. They are not really meant for soccer, they lack the necessary traction, but I had fun playing. This is one of those times where my patience is paying off. Today was another milestone in that I can be a little more active than just run.
I am not sure what I will be doing tomorrow, but I think it will have something to do with stairs and squats.
EXTREMELY IMPOSSIBLE!!!! (for me!!)
ReplyDeletethose vibrams sound comfertable!!
are they?!?!?!?!?!